Pageviews last month

Monday, February 25, 2013

Leopard Sketch in Pencil

 
 

It's been years since I've last picked up a pencil to do some sketching. I felt a bit apprehensive at first, riddled with self doubt, what if I've forgotten how to sketch. I mostly focussed on paintings in the last few years. Once I started all self doubt started to disappear and this pencil sketch was the result. I don’t know about you, but I’m one of those people who find it very difficult to start something – whether it’s a new painting, sorting out the wardrobe, or starting to exercise. I’ve found however, that once I jump in, it becomes easier and quite enjoyable to do the task at hand. I have been suffering from depression for a number of years, which is why starting anything new is a bit of a challenge. By the way, for those of you who are feeling a bit down, or is currently suffering from depression – I can really say that practising art or any craft or hobby that you loved – or once loved, is a sure-fire way to release those feel good hormones. This is why I love practicing art so much it really is part and parcel of who I am…

No comments: